Slabs on ground should last forever and be durable and flat. Your skill will help the next trades do their work successfully. Good slabs start with:
- contractors recognising poor quality / filled areas of soil under the slab and fixing this / getting Engineer’s advice
- excessive attention to detail of the compaction of base under the slab, especially at service trenches
- set out check of critical setbacks and double check of RL
- level check of edge boards and square check of corners i.e. 3:4:5. Spot check levels of centres of large areas.
- setdowns to base of ALL wall frames / walls – even if not shown on Plans
- careful vibration – VERTICALLY, @ 300mm centres especially at edge – vibrate edge board too!
Slabs in the right place, with set downs and careful installation are a “floorless” start to your next building …. haha.